What Is a Foreign Language?
A foreign language is any language that is not native to a particular region or person. Obviously, this definition varies from region to region and by the individuals within a particular region. Many countries have more than one official language or contain significant populations that speak their own languages. Foreign language instruction is often required or strongly encouraged in primary and secondary education; there are also numerous methods of adult language instruction. Many people are bilingual or multilingual, that is, fluent in two or more languages; this is an asset in many professions.
Twenty-five Reasons to Study Foreign Languages
- Foreign language study creates more positive attitudes and less prejudice toward people who are different.
- Studying a foreign language will improve your chances of getting a job.
- Studying a new culture helps you meet new and interesting people.
- Dealing with another culture enables people to gain a more profound understanding of their own culture.
- The study of foreign languages boots confidence.
- Graduates often cite foreign language courses as some of the most valuable courses in college because of the communication skills developed in the process.
- International travel is made easier and more pleasant through knowing a foreign language.
- Skills like problem solving, dealing with abstract concepts, are increased when you study a foreign language.
- Foreign language study enhances one’s opportunities in government, business, medicine, law, technology, military, industry, marketing, etc.
- A second language improves your skills and grades in math and English and on the SAT and GRE.
- Analytical skills improve when students study a foreign language.
- Foreign languages provide a competitive edge in career choices: one is able to communicate in a second language.
- Foreign language study enhances listening skills and memory.
- One participates more effectively and responsibly in a multi-cultural world if one knows another language.
- Your marketable skills in the global economy are improved if you master another language.
- Foreign language study offers a sense of the past: culturally and linguistically.
- The study of a foreign tongue improves the knowledge of one’s own language: English vocabulary skills increase.
- The study of foreign languages teaches and encourages respect for other peoples: it fosters an understanding of the interrelation of language and human nature.
- Foreign languages expand one’s view of the world, liberalize one’s experiences, and make one more flexible and tolerant.
- Foreign languages expand one’s world view and limit the barriers between people: barriers cause distrust and fear.
- Foreign language study will completely chance your traveling experience.
- As immigration increases we need to prepare for changes in the American society.
- One is at a distinct advantage in the global market if one is as bilingual as possible.
- Foreign languages open the door to art, music, dance, fashion, cuisine, film, philosophy, science…
- Foreign language study is simply part of a very basic liberal education: to “educate” is to lead out, to lead out of confinement and narrowness and darkness.
بازیهای جدید زبان انگلیسی در کلاس – یادگیری زبان انگلیسی با بازی
بازی قطعا برای هر کسی جذابه! این موضوع ربطی به سن هم نداره! یادگیری زبان انگلیسی با بازی یکی از…بیشتر بخوانید »
İngilizce Öğrenebileceğiniz Ücretsiz Online Eğitim Siteleri
İngilizce öğrenmek neden önemlidir? İngilizce öğrenmek, sana yeni fırsat ve avantajların olduğu bir dünyayı açacak: Farklı ülkelere seyahat edebilme, kaliteli…بیشتر بخوانید »
Grammatik, Vokabeln, Übungen, Prüfungen, Spiele Auf diesen Seiten findest du viele Informationen zur englischen Sprache. Du kannst online Vokabeln lernen,…بیشتر بخوانید »